Follow this blog by Email

Follow by Email:

Friday, February 13, 2015

6 Hours Driving, 4 Hours Shooting

I spent a lot of time on the road today. Drove from Orlando to West Palm and back, thats six hours total, for a four hour shoot. Sometimes that's just the way it works out. 

Unfortunately, as far as lighting is concerned, it was during the worst part of the day. We started at 10:00 am and ended at 2:00. The cloudless blue sky in combination with the high sun was not flattering. Most of the shots were outside, so I did my best to seek out shade. 

The last shot of the day was in a rental studio. This was not your modern studio. It had the feel of an old worn shoe, and had definitely been in existence since the film days with minimal updates. A very small, 80+ year old man with only a few whispy grey hairs owned the place and was very confused when I told him I was the photographer. Our conversation went like this:

Me, "Hi, I'm the photographer for the group that booked the studio for today."
Him, "The guy was just in here." 
Me, "I'm the photographer."
Him, "The photographer just went out there."
Me, "No, I'm the photographer."
Him, "Huh?"
Me, "I'll just wait until the rest of the group gets here."

Apparently, I couldn't have been the photographer because I'm not the correct gender. I totally threw the man off. I didn't have a safari photo vest on, but I did have my Canon camera hanging off my hip.  

It was an interesting day, but we figured it out, and now I'm on to the next!

No comments: