Follow this blog by Email

Follow by Email:

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Taking Risks, Bringing Exposure


Recently, I was thinking about deleting my PDN account because I wasn’t sure if I was getting the exposure I needed. However, I decided to keep it. After all, they provide us with a little bit of a discount for the PhotoPlus International Expo + Conference, and it's been three years since I last attended the PhotoPlus conference. Keeping my membership with PDN ended up being a fantastic choice!  After noticing my recent bronze medal from Florida Magazine Association’s Charlie Awards and my recent photo updates on PDN, Jacqui Palmbo, Assistant Editor of PDN, wrote about me in the September feature! 

            Fashion, beauty and editorial photographer Betsy Hansen finds that she thrives through risk-taking. She looks for inspiration in images that step far beyond the box and always looks to be innovative in her own work. “It invigorates me when I see people taking risks with photography,” she says. “People who dare to be creative inspire me, the more daring the better.”
Hansen knew she was taking a big risk when she opted to stay in sunny Orlando rather than make the move to New York City for a larger fashion and beauty market. “I am what some might consider a fish out of water,” she comments. “I came to a point in my career where I had to make the decision if I wanted to move or to keep my business here and face the difficulties of building myself in this area. I decided to stay here.” 

No comments: