Follow this blog by Email

Follow by Email:

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fashion Photographer BTS with Camy Couture

One of the things I never seem to have time for, but absolutely LOVE to do is capture what goes on behind the scenes, especially when I am in a unique location. I made a point to have my second camera set up with my 50mm lens at this shoot, just to use as a BTS camera. We were at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center photographing clothing from Camy Couture Orlando for Lake Mary Healthy Living Magazine.

There were a couple of fun last minute surprises, including Mosaic Marketing Solutions, who came to get behind the scenes video for an augmented reality piece for the magazine's app. WKMG Channel 6 also sent a camera man to film the shoot for a local news piece. I wore a mic for the piece while we were shooting the first two looks. It's an out of the ordinary experience wearing a mic for over an hour. I felt like I had to watch what I said. I was most worried about saying something absolutely ridiculous that the editing crew would have to edit out later; I'm sure they get a great laugh occasionally!

Hopefully I will be able to share more of these behind the scenes photos with you in the near future.
Lauren with BMG Models
I couldnt get over Lauren's "That's Awesome" shirt. What a fun way to cheer on our crew! 
Todd, Videographer from Mosaic Marketing Solutions.
Smile Todd!
Props from the prop room that I pulled out for the models to play with. You'll see these again in one of the final shots.
Alien Bee's. BZZZZ!
Judith Topper, publisher of Lake Mary Healthy Living, and Lauren's Mom chatting next to the grand piano prop.
The very organized electrical non-hazards, backstage just behind the stage curtain.
I love this intimate view of Ali putting the finishing touches on Lauren's hair.
I couldn't resist myself when Renee Blair pointed out this paper mache corn in the prop room! YES! It was not used in the photos. I pulled it out merely for my own amusement.
Natalie with BMG Models Florida
Right to Left: Judith Topper (Publisher Lake Mary Healthy Living magazine), Renee Blair (Renee Blair Graphic Design), Betsy Hansen (me), Ali Lee (Ali Artistry), Lauren and Natalie (BMG Models)
Say cheese, Ali!
Crew:
Photography by Betsy Hansen
Styling by Becky Neimann, owner of Camy Couture Orlando
Wardrobe provided by Camy Couture Orlando
Hair and Makeup by Ali Lee
Models Lauren and Natalie with BMG Orlando/Miami

No comments: